2 celery sticks, trimmed and finely sliced
8 boneless chicken fillets, skin left on
225g can green lentils
2 leeks, trimmed and finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
1. Put half the leeks, carrots , and celery in a pan, cover with cold water, adding a chicken stock cube if desired for extra flavour, bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the veg is tender, then strain.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil then place the chicken in the pan skin-side down. reduce heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes until skin is crispy.
3. When the chicken is slightly brown, turn over and cook for another 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and leave to rest.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and cook remaining leeks, carrots, and celery for about 10 minutes. Stir in the lentils and stock. Season and simmer for a few minutes until most of the stock has been absorbed and the veg is tender.
5. Carve each chicken fillet into 2 to 3 inches slices. Spoon the little mix on the plates and place chicken on top.
Recommendation : Instead of chicken, use thinly sliced, grilled low fat haloumi, which is slightly less salty than full fat.