However, while enjoying the beautiful summer and the food you eat , a lot of bacteria joining you. You may not invited them but they are there anyway. The reason why they are a lot of people suffer from food borne illness known as "food poisoning". And this food borne illness usually result in nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or fever caused by bacteria that are lurking on food and the surrounding.
According to the article I read at about.com that food borne illness hits in summer days. The bacteria who are present in the environment are grow faster during warm summer months.
When food safety is ignored at a picnic or barbecue by leaving perishable food out in warm weather, the bacteria flourish and threaten to make everyone sick. Fortunately, there are people who have a healthy immune system that protect them from harmful bacteria and harmful organism in the environment.
We all knew that food borne illness are present in warmth weather. So we must also know how to fight it back. Here some four simple tips to safer foods in summertime.
- Clean: Wash hands and surface often
- Separate: Don't Cross Contaminate
- Cook : Cook to Proper Temperatures
- Chill: Refrigerate Promptly
Everything that touches food should be clean. Here are also the steps we can take to prevent food borne illness by safely handling food in the home.
1. Clean wash hands with warm, soapy water:
- before handling food, after handling food, using the bathroom, changing diapers, after tending to a sick person, after blowing nose, coughing, sneezing or after handling pets.
2. If your hands have any kind of skin abrasion or infection. Always use disposable gloves. Wash hands (with gloves or not) with warm soapy water.
3. Thoroughly wash with hot, soapy water all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, fish and eggs before moving the next step in food preparation. Consider using paper towels to clean kitchen surfaces. If you use dishcloths wash more often in a hot cycle of your washing machine. Keep other surfaces such as faucets and counter tops, clean by washing with hot soapy water.