5d9B_9x95YhVJtoUzPqSeH7uNgc.txt Secrets Behind Me: Gazpacho Soup

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gazpacho Soup

I tasted Gazpacho soup two years ago, since then I started loving it. The soup is good for the summer and most people are hesitant to taste it because they are not used cold soup. 

Before I will give the main ingredients of this soup. I will give you where the soup originated. Actually, I didn't know it either. All I know its a Spanish soup.

Gazpacho originated some Southern Spanish region of Andalusia.  They believe that the word gazpacho come from the word "caspa" meaning "residue" or "fragments" an allusion to the small pieces of bread and vegetables. It was traditionally eaten by workers in the field of vineyards, olives plantation, citrus groves, wheat fields, or cork farms. It was nothing but bread and water and all pounded in a large wooden bowl.  It was poor peoples food but the taste is so great and pleasant specially in the summer. 

Here's my simple ingredients :

1 medium can of crushed tomato 
1 pc. of cucumber (diced)
1 pc of  onion (diced)
1 pc. of red bell pepper (diced)
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
1/2 box of tomatoe juice
1 tbsp. of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Here's how :

1. Put a can of crushed tomato to a big blender or magi mix. While the magi mix is working, add the diced cucumber, onion, red bell pepper together and gradually pour the tomato juice.
2. Add the lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Then mix it again until its done. 

Voila you can have a tasty tomato soup for the summer.

You can garnish it with chopped parsley or diced cucumber and onion.


 
There are a lot of ingredients of Gazpacho to choose, you can make it as creamy Gazpacho like Ann's (Sara's daughter) Gazpacho soup but I got my recipe from a friend of  Sarah. Easier for me hehehe!






Photobucket

1 comment:

Dhemz said...

waaaaa....sensya na dear gali tawon ko ani...ehehhehe...would love to try this someday.....thanks for sharing the recipe....:)