5d9B_9x95YhVJtoUzPqSeH7uNgc.txt Secrets Behind Me: Supermarket Escapades

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Supermarket Escapades

Are you a food shopper? Well, that's me, Hehehe!

I went to the posh supermarket today with Sarah and Ann her daughter. When I say posh, everything is nice, lovely and fresh and most of their product are organic foods. The Eden Teva Supermarket is a bit expensive store and their products last longer and remains good even it take 2 weeks in the fridge. 

And when I say organic foods, it is a food that can be produced without certain synthetic ingredients. Crops are generally grown without synthetic pesticides and artificial fertilizers. 
Animals on organic farms eat organically grown feed, and are raised without antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones

The question is, if this organic foods good for our health? 

In my comprehension, it is more nutritious because it is free of chemicals,  however it cost more than ordinary veggies, fruits, meat or even eggs which is organic. 

That's  the difference going in that supermarket compare to those other supermarket here in Israel. But what is fun going there is they have a lot of unusual products, especially they have products imported from my country Philippines. Like pansit cantoon, sotanghon rice noodles, and Silver swan soya sauce. That I wouldn't expect to see in my neighborhood supermarket.






No comments: