5d9B_9x95YhVJtoUzPqSeH7uNgc.txt Secrets Behind Me: Nutty Granola Ice cream

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nutty Granola Ice cream

Growing up away from my parents,  I learned how to cook and started loving it. Since then, I was collecting recipes and try making an experiment with my cooking habits.

Sounds I'm good but truly I'm just beginning  to explore my hidden interest in the kitchen.

I remember two years ago, I made this nutty-granola ice cream. It wasn't perfect as I expected and I didn't have a save photographs here since my computer was reprogram.

I took this recipe from a magazine and kept it in my scrapbook.

Here the ingredients and the method of making it :

INGREDIENTS
Ice Cream

8 eggs
304 cup sugar
2 cups non-dairy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 packet vanilla pudding

Granola

1 cup sugar
100 grams margarine
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 cup flour

Method

1. Beat the egg whites with sugar for approximately 5 minutes till thick and frothy.
2. Add egg yolk and vanilla and continue beating.
3. Pour in  non-dairy cream and vanilla pudding and beat well until the mixture has increased in volume.
4. Mix sugar, softened margarine, nuts and flour with your fingers and place on a baking tray.
5. Bake at 180 C for approximately 20-25 minutes til golden brown.
6. Break into pieces and stir through ice-cream sprinkling some on top.
7. Pour into container and freeze.

This is good for the summer. I plan to make it tomorrow and I promise  I will take some photos and post it here.

No comments: